Thursday 7 August 2014

Homework - Extra Analysis: Pirates of theCaribbean

Previously Unposted  
Hey bloggers,

To help with understanding print based analysis and how to get the best answers, my teacher gave my class a homework task that was to choose a poster from a film you had seen, but not for at least 3 years, and analyse it, just like the James Bond comparison task ( see previous posts).

I decided to analysis the first 'Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl' teaser poster. I chose this poster because I found there was a range of topics I could talk about. I also found that because it is one of my favourite films, that by doing the analysis on the poster it allowed me to understand the film a little bit better and to understand what the producers of the film wanted to audience to extract from the text.

From this, audience theory would come into it, however I have not been taught in detail about that yet, so I will add a different post all about audience theory in the near future :)

Below is a print screen of my poster analysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment